Sadly missed...

Author: VAL in 淡大 /

Well.... not many know that I sing. I do and have been part of Church Choir and in recent years joined the Voices of Praise Choir, that was originally formed because of the funding project for Sengkang Methodist Church. Though I haven't been singing since the last concert last June where we went to Melbourne, as part of a fund-raising project in a local church.

It's June again and Voices of Praise Choir (VOP for short), are back in another round of concerts. This time trekking through to our neighbour Malaysia, singing in Ipoh and Penang. Whilst back last week, there's also another round in Singapore, which is going on right now. I'm not sure about the dates though but last night there was one. My memory ain't that good since I took a break from singing.

Ok, why am I saying all this? Actually it's because of the Choir member, Mrs Ong passed away on Sunday afternnon. She was with us since the beginning and is like a mum to all of us. Well, I'm one of the young ones anyway, in truth I am shocked when I heard my mum announce that when she came back after the concert, wearing her concert garb of maroon dress. Mrs Ong was a Choir member and also in the committee. She has been taking care of giving out our song sheets, making sure we all have a copy; our attire, women with dress and men with their white shirts etc.

Nothing can express the sadness and it was all so sudden! Mum mentioned that Mr. Ong and his sons find it hard to believe that their beloved has left them. Going down to the wake on Wednesday night, I am at a loss for words but guess just by being there makes all the difference.

0 comments: